Background

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rome-ward bound....

Tomorrow our big trip begins.  Rome, here we come.

Tonight, Hoot is safe and sound fast asleep at Gramma and Grampa's house.  We are spending the night closer to the airport at my brother's apartment.

My husband is pretty well sick of me today.  LOL I have had moments of panic over leaving Hayden for a vacation so far away, followed by moments of crippling guilt, followed by moments of hysterical crying.  I know she will be fine - I am worried about me and my tender heart.  She is my girl, and eight days is a long time.  And Rome is half a world away.

And pregnant lady hormones = emotions amplified by one million.

At any rate, we are all where we need to be, and Hoot is happy as a clam.  I am so glad that she gets to take our dogs with her - Piper is kind of her "security blanket" and I am glad that she will have something familiar with her for all of these days.  I feel better now and I am starting to relax, but I can't honestly tell you that I am having fun yet.

Tomorrow night we are spending the night in Boston, so that we kind of break up the length of the journey.  But on Friday afternoon, I will be enjoying a gelato (or three) and strolling through ancient Rome. 

These company trips are so amazing because they plan everything for you and you just show up.  Also, they plan extra special treats for us - not to brag, but we will be enjoying a private, after hours tour of the Vatican followed by a fancy dinner, also at the Vatican.  Who gets to do that?  Amazing.

I suppose I had better get to bed.  I have a big week ahead of me.  I will keep you all posted. 

Also, Carly Kate wants you all to know that she is only going to Italy for the food.  I think I will be able to accommodate her wishes quite nicely. Who am I to deny a growing girl? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment