Background

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Happy Birthday, to my sweet little Carly Kate!

On Saturday, my baby girl turned two.



I can't believe that this happened two years ago.  In some ways, it feels like it was yesterday.  In other ways it feels like it was much much longer.

We celebrated with a Jake and the Neverland Pirates party with all of Carly's friends and family here to enjoy the day. 





 My cousin made a PHENOMENAL cake as usual!

 
And we had an "Insta-Pirate" photo booth. 

 

 


This idea was so fun - it was a HUGE hit.  If you want to see more of the pictures, search #carlykateis2 on Instagram.  It really was SO fun.  Ya gotta love Instagram!! :-)

The highlight of the party for me was when we lit the candles and sang Happy Birthday.  My Carly is usually a pretty shy person.  she doesn't really like the spotlight, especially if the audience is more than just her Mama and Dada and sis, and maybe Gramma and Papa.  I was a little worried that we would all start singing and she would realize that we were all looking at her and she would cry. 

I was surprised when the exact opposite happened. 

My girl glowed.  She smiled and sang along, loud and proud, so happy to be the Birthday Girl.



Two is hard. Challenging. Bittersweet. Exhausting.

But it is also fun. I like watching her little personality really taking shape.  She is determined, brave, bold, snuggly, funny. 


 She loves animals, her sister, being dirty, playing outside, and doing everything to a chorus of "All by myself!" and a constant singing narrative.  She sings everything she is doing as she is doing it.   It is ADORABLE.
 


 
She's independent, ornery, and has the funniest little sense of humor and an impish little grin that just melts me. 
 
 I just adore her - even when she makes me crazy. 
 
She came into this world in her own way and she has been doing everything her own way ever since.
 
But you know what? Whatever it is this kid grows up to be, whatever "show" she grows up to run, she will always be her mama's baby Bug.
 
Love you to bits, Carly Kate.  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment