Background

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Muffins for Owl and a moment of peace for Mommy

A rare occurrence happened at my house today:
That is my owlet, taking a nap.  And am i ever thankful! She is really quite stubborn about naptime, and I think she is (maybe?) working on getting a tooth.  She will be nine months old tomorrow and doesn’t even have one, but boy has she been in a mood today (as in Stage 5 Clinger) so I am suspicious that a tooth may show itself soon.  With the lack of quality napping and the bad mood, you can imagine I am not getting a ton of peace today.
So this nap feels good to us both.
It has finally cooled off here in our neck of the woods – in fact we have gotten a crazy amount of rain…  I know, any amount of rain is crazy in our neck of the woods, but it has been very wet here.  Between the peace and the wet weather, I am in a cozy kind of mood. I got to thinking I would get domestic and bust out some pumpkin muffins. 



Some little helpers even woke up and came in the kitchen to beg. :)



Last year when I was pregnant with Hoot, pumpkin was my #1 craving. Pumpkin Pie, pumpkin milkshakes, Pumpkin Spice Frappuccinos, pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream (thank you Ben and Jerry for getting me though my pregnancy with your Pumpkin Cheesecake flavor! My dream come true!), pumpkin rolls, pumpkin muffins. Anything that pumpkin can be added to, I had to have.  We joked that Hoot would be born orange like an Oompa Loompa.
(By the way, do you know how hard it is to find a pumpkin pie in late July? HARD.  In fact, you may just have to bake one for yourself from scratch at nine thirty on a Tuesday night.  And when you wake up the next morning, you may have to eat the entire thing by yourself in one sitting.  Not that this ever happened to me…..  I’m just saying it might happen….. You know, to someone else.... who is definatly not me.)
At any rate, she wasn’t born orange, but she does love her some pumpkin muffins.


Hopefully they put her in a better mood and she allows my moment of peace to last all afternoon.


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. Even the ones of the muffins were good photos.

    ReplyDelete