Background

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Couponing Adventures, Round 2

Two weeks (or a pay period) has passed since my first ever couponing adventure.

Today, I went back to begin Round Two.  I decided that since I am still extremely pregnant, and I had Hoot and my friend Patti’s 7.5 year old daughter with me (Yes, I am crazy – I realize that now. LOL)  I should split it into two sessions – last time was physically exhausting for me, and I planned on bigger, more thought out savings this time.

I think I did pretty well.  Here are the spoils of our day. 



Stop one: WALGREENS
Purchased:
·       4 boxes of Kellogg’s cereal
·       1 Nivea Women’s Body Wash
·       2 Gillette Men’s Body Wash
·       1 12 pack of Cottenelle TP
·       1 pack of Tide Stain Release stain removers
·       1 pack of 6 highlighters
·       4 packs of Jell-O
·       4 cans of Mandarin Oranges (Hayden is obsessed with these right now…)
·       2 78oz bottles of Xcel Laundry Detergent
·       I box Crayola markers
Total: $74.92
Paid: $27.36
SAVINGS: $47.56

Stop two: CVS
Purchased:
·       2 Suave Kids 2 in 1 Shampoo
·       2 Suave Men’s 2 in 1 Shampoo
·       1 Suave Conditioner
·       1 Suave Shampoo
·       1 package 36ct Pampers Swaddlers, Size Newborn
·       2 packages 20ct CVS brand diapers, Size 5
·       3 jars of Skippy Peanut Butter
·       2 bottles of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce
·       4 bags of rice
·       1 pack of raspberry cookies
·       1 pack of teddy bear grahams
·       1 bottle of Infant’s Acetaminophen
·       1 bottle if Poly-Vi-Sol
Total: $81.02
Paid: $45.15
SAVINGS: $35.87

Stop three: SAFEWAY
Purchased:
·       5 boxes of Kellogg’s cereal
·       10 32 oz. bottles of Arrowhead Sparkling water (I love this stuff!! So refreshing in this heat!!)
·       2 packages of Tortilla Factory Corn Tortillas
·       4 boxes of Duncan Hines brownie mix

Total: $49.44
Paid: $19.44
SAVINGS: $30.51

GRAND TOTAL
Total: $205.89
Paid: $91.95
SAVINGS: $113.94
Like I told you before, we budget around $200 a pay period for groceries – and that has to include diapers (for two kids now), household cleaning products, and personal care items along with food.  It isn’t easy, and I feel like I have always done a good job – but I admit that I feel really silly that I just came to the couponing thing, because I got all of this and I still have more than half of my shopping budget left for the pay period to buy our milk, fruit, veggies and meat.  I can stretch that other half like nobody’s business, too, believe me. LOL  I did well enough last time too that I have a lot of things “stockpiled” when they were on sale, like ground beef and baby wipes, so I do not have to buy them this time. 

Again, I didn’t buy anything I don’t need or won’t use – yes, this family will eat all of that cereal (my husband is a cereal fanatic) and I didn’t buy a single bottle of mustard. LOL And again, I am EXTREMELY proud of my shopping abilities! 

Not to mention that I think I deserve a medal for being 36 weeks pregnant (36 weeks today!), taking two kids with me (they bickered and touched everything the whole time like kids do LOL) and still being able to save more than 50%! 

I feel like Super Mom today. J

No comments:

Post a Comment