Background

Monday, February 21, 2011

A Dollhouse Bookshelf for Miss Hootie

My dad made this awesome book shelf for Hayden's room a couple of weeks ago, and Garrett finally got a minute to paint it for me this weekend.  Is it not the most adorable thing you've ever seen? 



We saw the exact same thing in a Pottery Barn catalog a long time ago, and they wanted around $350 for it!!  I chalked it up to something that I would never pay that much for, until my dad said he could probably figure out how to build one like it. 

I ran into THIS website, and she just happened to have the plans for how to make one!! (By the way, this website has fast become an obsession for me.  If Appleseed is a boy, I want him to have one of these in his room! Adorable, right?  I could spend all day browing and daydreaming! We need this.  And this.  And this. And this, this and this. And a million other things that Miss Ana White is planning for us!  Hope that my dad is eating his Wheaties. LOL)

Next on the agenda for Hoot's room is we are going topaint a tree that hangs over her bed.  I feel like we should spruce her room up before a brother or sister joins the pack and we set to work on that bedroom. 

Maybe one day, she'll sleep up there.  But that's a different blog post.  ;)

1 comment: