Background

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

We are getting ready for a busy week around here. 
Tuesday is my birthday.  I will be 29.  I am not really ready to talk about being 29.  Ask me again on Tuesday.
Tuesday is also the day Hoot is having a CT scan on her head.  Nothing is wrong with her, but her doctor thinks that her head is huge and wants to make she that it is nothing more serious.  I am not worried – my family has huge heads.  I don’t think her head looks huge at all – but maybe I am used to looking at people who look like this.  I am a person with an enormous head myself.  When I was the same age as Owl, I also had a CT scan on my head as it was “unusually large” – turns out that I just have a big brain.  And I know that is the case with Owl too.  I mean look at her!  Not that I am biased or anything, but she is clearly a genius.  Just like her big headed mommy.
She does have to be put under general anesthesia for the CT scan, because babies don’t hold still long enough.  The assure me that this is no big deal, and that it isn’t a weirdo putting her under but a real anesthesiologist.  Heck, it might even be the guy that did my epidural when Hayden was born…  (I sort of hope not.  Before he came to my aid on that day, I had had some Nubian and was basically stoned and desperate by the time he came around.  I said some embarrassing things to him.  I told him that I loved him so much I wanted to kiss him and that I would write him a poem about how much I loved him and epidurals.  So I hope it isn’t my old friend – he may be wondering where is poem is.)  I have also been assured that it will take only a few minutes and that it will be over.  I am not worried per say – I just don’t know what to expect.
And of course, Thursday is Turkey Day.  We are already busy getting ready for a day of thanks with the family.  We are having 15 people over to eat and hang out for Hoot’s first Thanksgiving and the first Thanksgiving in our house.  I have never cooked Thanksgiving dinner, but I am confident that it will turn out fine.  Our family has so much to be thankful for in 2010 – we are excited to spend a day with the people we love reflecting on all of these things.
 We did our shopping yesterday.  We bought the biggest turkey at the store.  It weighs the same amount as Miss Hayden herself.  She posed for some pictures with her first Thanksgiving turkey.

And tried lifting it.

So bring it on, Busy Week.  We are ready.  Well, pretty ready.  I am still not ready for that 29 thing.  But I have a couple of days, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment