Background

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My kids were bugging me today.



Is that a messed up thing to say?  Out loud I mean?  Seriously, kids are annoying.  Everyone's kids bug them.  Especially those of us who have the privilege of staying home with them 24/7.  Why doesn't anyone just tell the truth? I mean seriously, your kids bug me, so I know they are bugging you.

So here I am, owning it - my kids were bugging me.

I have a little bit of a cold or allergies or something, so my ears are plugged up.  I can't hear.  Which you might think would be a blessing on a day when my kids are bugging me.  But, nope.  For some reason, I was only able to hear the most annoying sounds and tones coming from everything around me, especially my kids. Like nails on a chalkboard It was driving me batty!!

I finally broke down and took my kids to Wal-Mart and bought myself some Sudafed.

You see, it has been FOUR YEARS since I was able to take anything for a cold or allergies - I have been either pregnant or nursing a baby (or for a brief period, both) for FOUR YEARS.  But my nursling is a weaner now, as of last week.  At 19 months old, she is officially weaned and I am not anyone's lunch-wagon.  So I took a decongestant, and (unlike last year at this time when I literally suffered through plugged ears for three weeksor more) the relief was instant.  That Sudafed is some good shit, lemme tell you.

Anyway, after I got my hearing back around 4:30pm, I realized that the weather was absolutely perfect outside.  And after I had been so annoyed my the sounds of my kids all day, I felt like they needed something fun to do.

Enter: A CAN OF SHAVING CREAM AND A PLASTIC PRINCESS TABLE CLOTH I HOARDED SAVED FROM HOOTIE'S BIRTHDAY PARTY IN JANUARY




They weren't quite sure at first.





But the warmed up to the idea.






And then they had a BLAST.






It was good, cheap fun. 

Tilly was seriously wondering what the heck we were up to, though.



But it kept them busy for an hour and a half. 

Long enough for me to do this:




Somehow, my kids are bugging me less and less by the second.

Go figure.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment