Background

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stuff My Kids Said: Installment #1

So, my kids are really funny.

They say funny stuff all the time.

Everyday we have some conversation that surprises me, or makes me laugh..

I want to remember these things, so I am going to start blogging about them in a series of short blogs called "Stuff My Kids Said" - so here is my first installment.

This afternoon, I was folding the never ending pile of laundry in my bedroom, when Hayden came in. I was standing with my back to the door and I didn't turn to look at her.

"Mom, I have a new horse," she said.

"Really?" I answered, "How fun."  I still didn't turn and look because I was busy and I know that she has a great imagination and while in her mind it was a beautiful horse, I knew that I would not be able to "see" it.

"Yup. Her name is LaToya."

This made me smile. Where does she come up with this stuff?

 "A horse named LaToya? That is quite a name!"

"Yeah!" Hayden said, "Isn't she beautiful?"

At this moment I turned to see Hayden standing in the door way, leading her sister around by a dress-up necklace, the end of which was clenched between her little baby teeth.  Carly LaToya was grinning, happy that her sister was playing with her.

"Wait, LaToya the horse is your sister?"

"Uh, yeah, Mom. Me LaToya. Horse." Carly said.

The looked at each other with that tell-tale "Geez, Mom, keep up here!" look on their faces and Hayden said, "Let's go, LaToya" and away they went.

LOL

These girls.  They sure do come up with some good material, don't they?




No comments:

Post a Comment